National MACRA Advisory Council
The National MACRA Advisory Council operates as an independent, voluntary body, with financing and administrative support provided by SpectraMedix. It is made up of healthcare delivery, policy, and IT experts who will work to advance the goals of the MACRA program and provide solutions to challenges that executives, administrators, and clinicians face as they implement its Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Alternative Payment Model (APM) tracks. The Council will also focus on state Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Medicaid reform initiatives, the Medi-Cal PRIME program, and other 1115 waiver-related programs.
- Provide policy and operations guidance to payors, providers, ACOs, and other HCOs regarding Best Practices for MACRA, MIPS, DSRIP, PRIME and other 1115 waiver-related programs.
- Leverage process re-design and optimal IT resource deployment to help the health and public health sectors achieve their population health, financial, and regulatory goals.
Assist the healthcare industry achieve the “Triple Aim” through clinical, operational, and administrative excellence in the management of MACRA, MIPS, DSRIP, PRIME and all 1115 waiver-related initiatives and programs.
The MAC Workgroups were formed as a way for the Council to take deeper dives into specific areas affecting Medicare and Medicaid reform. The four workgroups include:
- Policy: co-chaired by Karen Bell and David Muntz
- Technology: co-chaired by Sri Bharadwaj, Charles Aunger and Neil Gomes
- Finance: co-chaired by Karena Weikel and Drex DeFord
- Patient and Family Engagement: co-chaired by Christina Caraballo and Dee Cantrell