October 5-7, 2016
Borgata Hotel and Casino- Atlantic City, NJ
Powering Quality and Operations Improvement Initiatives with Financial Implications Through Integrated Data Consolidation and Self Service Analysis
October 6, 2016 – 2:15pm to 3:05pm – Breakout Session #1, Studio 2
Raj Lakhanpal, MD, FRCS, FACEP: Chief Executive Officer, SpectraMedix
SpectraMedix will present a Case Study demonstrating the clinical quality and financial benefits a client hospital realized by implementing an integrated data consolidation and self-service analytics Solution for performance improvement. The solution frees hospital IT and administrative staff from manual reporting tasks, and empowers executives and care teams to monitor, measure and report on initiatives with direct financial implications including hospital acquired conditions, readmissions, length of stay and ACO participation.
The Case Study will illustrate how the Solution’s interactive reporting capabilities are enabling quality and informatics staff to:
- Identify and track patients with a high risk for readmission so that appropriate care can be delivered and financial penalties avoided
- Monitor and streamline length of stay in the hospital
- Track and improve ACO measures to enhance quality of care and increase payments
- Stratify patient populations and sub-populations with predictive risk models
- Calculate an ROI for quality improvement initiatives
The Case Study ultimately will establish how the solution provides an approach to improve performance and revenues by allowing for better visibility into data and enabling users to take action on the information.